4.10.2011

Transitions

Slight break from the usual education talk here...


My heart is heavy this week with change. One thing that is very tough about living and working with a group of mission-minded people who love the Lord is the frequent transition of people in and out of your life as friends follow the call to serve overseas.

Tuesday, I got to see my friend with whom I lived in Africa last spring, along with two of her daughters... they were in town for barely 48 hours. Though wonderful to see them, it was hard to see their beautiful 9 month old daughter for the first time and then know that it will be months before I see her again. It was bittersweet to hear stories of the birthday party they just had for their 2 year old daughter (who didn't come on this trip) and to remember that the last time I saw sweet S, I was planning her first birthday party!

Wednesday I said goodbye to my former roommate and dear friend who is moving to the Middle East for an indefinite period of time.

Yesterday I helped two other close friends move back to the Bing after 2 years away... two long, long years during which I literally counted down the months until my friends would be back in my daily life again.

This afternoon I said goodbye to yet another wonderful friend who is also moving to the Middle East with my former roommate.

Friends coming and friends going... all for the glory of the Lord, but still difficult for all of our hearts.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you, friend. glad for the time you had with you friends, sad it was so short.

    ReplyDelete