3.27.2011

Things Middle Schoolers Say... Part 2

We were starting a unit on forces and motion, and to get the kids thinking we asked them to write 3-5 ideas in response to the following question:

What do you know about force?


Enjoy their answers, which seemed to fall into a few categories:


1. The correct

- Push, pull

- Using strength to make someone do something.


2. The hilariously predictable

- I saw it in Star Wars

- I think that you are talking about the white Forces that we wear to school. (see this)

- Shoes that are nice. Very roomy. Comfortable.

- They use it in Star Wars, the Clone Wars.


3. The straight up bizarre.


- I think its shoes, energy, bacteria.


- Cut the lawn


- I think forces are like superpowers, air maybe, or someone holding you back!

And, the absolute greatest answer...


- It kind of like a plane that a lot of things on it or it may be where its cold and woods in it or I think where people get and it fly in the sky with the clouds. I think forces is like water energy inside food.



No comments:

Post a Comment