1.26.2010

New Adventures

I thought I'd use this blog to share my new adventures with people.

To get you up to speed...

In about two and a half weeks, I am setting out to spend a little less than three months in Northeast Africa living with a family I know from Memphis. I will be working in clinics and teaching English and possibly aerobics in a community center, as well as building relationships with the hope of sharing the Good News with the people there. 

Shortly after I return, I will begin life as a "resident" with the Memphis Teacher Residency. Check out www.memphistr.org for more details on that. Basically I will spend next year getting my master's in urban education, and student teaching in an urban Memphis school, while living in community with about 20 other like-minded college grads doing the same thing. 


I am not sure how frequent my internet access will be while I am overseas but I will try to share pictures & stories as often as I can. 

A few notes-- 

While I am out of the country please try to avoid using specifics while replying to my blogs (or sending me emails), such as the name of the country where I'll be, and the full names of the people I will be with. Also try to avoid using "churchy" language and instead use more vague terms like "worker," "fellowship," "Father," "good news," etc. This is for the safety & integrity of the families & organizations I will be working with. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. Got it! I am excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your have a gracious and giving heart, and I am delighted that you will share it with this world.

    Will be reading every word.

    Barbara Olsonator

    ReplyDelete